Our vision is to Reach Every Altoona Person In Need Gladly. We do this by purchasing food to give to those in need that live in Altoona and the surrounding area. Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, we give groceries to families in need. To date we give food to 300-400 families twice a month. As we give out this food we seek to share the Love of Christ verbally.
"I thought Reapers was just a food bank. I was wrong. It is believers sharing Christ and feeding our community with food and God's goodness." - Molly
"Reapers is a wonderful ministry. It has helped my daughter and I with much needed food. I like to hear the sharing of scripture and prayer requests." - Sue
For more information on how you can become a part of this ministry, please give us a call at 814-943-8162, or if you would like to give you can do through our online giving.
PLEASE AGREE TO THESE TERMS:
1. The Food is accepted "as is"
2. First Baptist Church and the original donor expressly disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
3. There have been no express warranties in relation to this gift.
4. The family, which is represented by the submission, and all those who consume the food, release both the original donor and First Baptist Church from liability resulting from the condition of free food and further agrees to hold First Baptist Church and the original donor free and harmless against all and any liabilities, damages, losses, claims, causes of action and suites of law or equality or any obligation whatsoever arising out of or attributed to any action of said agency or any personnel employed by said agency in connection with its storage and use of donated food.
5. The recipient will not sell or offer the food for sale or give away.
6. We ask that you control your children or we may have to ask you to leave.
7. Any behavior we deem inappropriate can result I us asking you to leave and not return. This is up to the discretion of the leaders of the Reaping ministry.
At the First Baptist Church REAPING Food Ministry DO NOT DISCRIMINATE against any race, creed or color.
We would appreciate if you would please not use any obscene or inappropriate language or come here intoxicated. Please observe our dress code as posted. We feel that our Food Ministry is on oof the most generous in the country. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR PRIVILEGES in jeopardy by abusing our policy.